To View Larger Photo Click on Selected Image

and Please visit me at cassadykissam.com

Monday, June 23, 2008

1969...

I almost didn't post this one. But it makes me laugh and besides you should never be embarrassed about where you came from, about your roots. This is a photo of my folks in 1969 right after they had bought some land in Healdsburgs Dry Creek Valley for about 30 grand (now worth about 5 million) and before a Wild Fire destroyed the house they built by hand and the surrounding area. They would later re-build another house on the land and have me (in 1973) But this is one of the only remaining photos from that era which survived the fire (due partly to the fact that it was taken by my Grandfather and made into a Slide on a visit out here) My Mom (25) is pregnant with my sister and my Dad (27) was teaching Philosophy at San Francisco State.


1 comment:

Ty said...

No lie. To be embarrassed about where you came from is to deny your "self." It's cheap and it's a lie.

We is what we is.

Good work. Brilliant observation.