To View Larger Photo Click on Selected Image

and Please visit me at cassadykissam.com

Tuesday, April 1, 2008

Old School...

For the last 5 years or so I've been looking in on my Grandfather who moved out from San Antonio to the Oakland Hills. When I lived in Oakland I would go up once or twice a week, have lunch with him, help him with a couple things and listen to his old stories. At the age of 94 he's still totally independent, is nimble and sharp, lives alone and drives to the Richmond Shipyard once a week to help restore an old WWII era freighter. Two of his hobbies in life have been traveling and photography and recently Ive been helping him go through the boxes and boxes of old slides he has from places like Japan,Saudi Arabia, Mexico,Honk Kong,Yelapa and on and on. To say the least it has been inspiring to stumble across some old family photo or a picture of him in some far away land. So (Ty) your right there is purpose in your art.Old School,baby...






1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What luck to be able to look through photographs by a person like your grandfather! And I love the Richmond shipyards - my latest post is just around the corner from there.